Carte de résidente

A place to post factual information so people can quickly find any important information that they might need. Experiences of getting a carte de sejour or residency etc.
- NOT FOR GENERAL CHAT
Spardo

Re: Carte de résidente

Post by Spardo »

SP1DER wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 7:53 pm

So, had you applied for a CdS, when you were telling everyone else it was a waste of time, then you would not now be worried about your income as it will just be a matter of exchanging the CdS for the new card? I'm pleased we applied for ours and have them to exchange when the time comes ;)
For goodness sake Spider, how many times does it have to be said, some prefectures either through inefficiency or bloody
mindedness did not allow applications to be made successfully.

Some people were lucky with living in the right areas and some by coming across decent fair minded foncs in the ones they applied to, but those who weren't so fortunate should not have to be subjected to that sort of snooty reproof time after time.

I for one will wait till I know exactly what is required before I sally forth again. In any case, no-one knows how C-19 is going to affect things in July, total lockdown may be in force again for all we know and nobody will be able to make the journeys again.

Doug

Post by Doug »

DominicBest wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 11:49 am
About 18 months ago I had to have some major accident repairs done to one of my cars and just before it was ready I complained to the garage’s owner that I hadn’t been impressed with the communication that I’d experienced via email and phone calls and pointed out that I’d had to travel a fair distance to talk face to face several times to clarify things. He asked for proof so I showed him some emails.
I got an apology. I also got a credit note worth €600 for the next service and on the day I actually picked up the car I was taken out to lunch by the owner. I can be the only one who doesn’t tar all French businesses with the same brush.
No heres another one who gets on very well with French but then Im one now at last.

bubbles1

Post by bubbles1 »

Spardo wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 9:50 pm
SP1DER wrote:

So, had you applied for a CdS, when you were telling everyone else it was a waste of time, then you would not now be worried about your income as it will just be a matter of exchanging the CdS for the new card? I'm pleased we applied for ours and have them to exchange when the time comes ;)
For goodness sake Spider, how many times does it have to be said, some prefectures either through inefficiency or bloody

Some people were lucky with living in the right areas and some by coming across decent fair minded foncs in the ones they applied to, but those who weren't so fortunate should not have to be subjected to that sort of snooty reproof time after time.

I for one will wait till I know exactly what is required before I sally forth again. In any case, no-one knows how C-19 is going to affect things in July, total lockdown may be in force again for all we know and nobody will be able to make the journeys again.
Yep - it was a post code lottery - and I feel it will be again when what is required is announced and our "wonderful prefecture in Perig" opens its bloody doors. - when we can get out an about we must meet up for a beer Spardo XXXXXX
The truth is always the truth even if no-one believes it - a lie is always a lie even if everyone believes it

Catrose

Post by Catrose »

I thought the whole thing about the new system is that it is largely online. You upload docs, then wait to be called to prefecture to pick up your card. So non of the faffing about getting rdv etc.

Aardvark

Post by Aardvark »

That's about size of it. Unless this minor distraction called Coronavirus-19 gets in the way.
Wait and see.
Conservative government: A disease without a cure

Captain Morgan

Post by Captain Morgan »

bubbles1 wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 8:44 pm
Spardo wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 9:50 pm
SP1DER wrote:

Yep - it was a post code lottery - and I feel it will be again when what is required is announced and our "wonderful prefecture in Perig" opens its bloody doors. - when we can get out an about we must meet up for a beer Spardo XXXXXX
You and Spardo are still bitter and twisted are you not?

Spardo

Post by Spardo »

Captain Morgan wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 9:40 pm

You and Spardo are still bitter and twisted are you not?
Get a life mate, too predictable. Those who were lucky, sneering at those who weren't. Boring.

elsie

Re: Carte de résidente - applications now start October 2020

Post by elsie »

According to this page https://brexit.gouv.fr/sites/brexit/acc ... ue-en.html the application system start date has changed to October 2020:
Due to the sanitary crisis, the opening of the https://contacts-demarches.interieur.gouv.fr website, initially planned on 1st July 2020, has been postponed to the 1st of October, 2020.

They'll probably get round to updating http://invite.contacts-demarches.interi ... -in-France and other pages mentioning July 2020 sometime in the future

Aardvark

Post by Aardvark »

Thankyou for keeping us up to date. :good:
Conservative government: A disease without a cure

exile

Post by exile »

As I understand it, the end date for registration does not change. So they will need to squeeze 1 years worth of work into 9 months as it stands today.