Ore connection problems

Computers, Internet & Broadband, IT issues, Phones & Mobiles and televisions.
Nifty

Ore connection problems

Post by Nifty »

This should really be in Jokes but I am posting it here in the hope that somebody can tell me the best way to solve this problem.

I am trying to send an e-mail but get this reply
host powerup.com.au[203.59.218.120] said: 554
Your access to this mail system from 80.12.242.130 has been rejected due to the sending MTA's poor reputation. If you believe that this failure is in error, please contact the intended recipient via alternate means.

I can contact the person via pm but I can not send pictures directly to their e-mail.
My OH says that she thinks the problem is probably down to either the server that I am using, or, the server of the person that I am sending the mail to utilises Norton Antivirus.
There is a list of remedies that I really can’t be Rsed to go into to get around the problem. I see it as their problem and mine because in over ten years of sending e-mails almost 99% go through without a problem.

‘ This article is for network administrators and others who manage their own network. If you're trying to join a Wi-Fi network, one of these articles should help:,
Problem I have no access to the network and the person who just might have is not available until Tuesday next.

Can anybody please tell be of a way around it?

elsie

Re: Ore connection problems

Post by elsie »

It sounds as though your current IP address 80.12.242.130 is on a spam list https://www.abuseipdb.com/check/80.12.242.130

If you switch your router off, leave it for a few minutes and then turn it on, hopefully Orange will assign a different IP address which isn't blocked and you will be able to send your e-mail successfully?

Nifty

Post by Nifty »

Thanks for that Elsie. At least I can suggest it to the technician should I actually get to see him next week

elsie

Post by elsie »

It is a problem with Orange at your end.

Why don't you just do as I suggested now rather than waiting for a technician? You can check to see if your IP address has changed at http://www.mon-ip.com/info-adresse-ip.php

If you are using a web browser-based mail you should clear your cookies as well.

This sometimes happens because your line drops connection and makes a new connection with a different IP address. I know from many years ago Wanadoo, as Orange then was, did very little to try to get blocked IP addresses unblocked even though the new user wasn't abusing the system. It looks as though the Australian host is particularly tough with IP addresses that have been used to send spam, etc. (or possibly even a spammer is pretending that is their IP address). You will have to hope the Australian isn't blocking all Orange e-mails due to excessive spamming!